Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I am not a Girl Scout can I attend?

Not a Girl Scout? No problem, if you are willing to make the Girl Scout Promise and live by the Girl Scout Law it will cost you only $30.00 to become a Girl Scout. In addition to allowing you to register for Camp Tall Trees being a Girl Scout will give you the opportunity to participate in great activities year round.

What is included?

Camp fees include all activities, food, accommodation, t-shirt and camp patch. Transportation to and from the camp is the responsibility of your parents.

Who runs this camp?

Camp Tall Trees is run by the Redwood Service Unit of Girls Scouts of Northern California. It is staffed by trained adult Girl Scout volunteers. Many volunteers are active troop leaders. Being volunteers, they are all  enthusiastic about providing an incredible camp experience.

What about Health & Safety?

Camp Tall Trees is operated according to the Girl Scouts of Northern California's strict standards for health and safety. A qualified health supervisor is present at the camp at all times. All activities are supervised by trained adults.

What is Wolf Creek?

Wolf Creek Outdoor Education Center is run by Redwood National and State Parks. It is located in Redwood National Park just north of Orick and near Prairie Creek State Park main visitors center. Wolf Creek is used during the school year to deliver outdoor education to school children throughout the North Coast.

It consists of a modern well equipped lodge, an outstanding commercial grade kitchen, bathroom block with flush toilets and hot showers, a campfire circle and sleeping cabins. Wolf Creek is wonderfully placed within walking distance of several distinct ecosystems including Old Growth Redwood, Riparian, Open Prairie, Fresh Water Marsh and Second Growth Redwood. All of these ecosystems can be explored by a private network of trails connected to the camp.

Is my deposit refundable?

Generally, your deposit is not refundable. However if you applied for financial aid and the amount awarded is less than you requested and you decide not to attend, your deposit will be returned in full. 

In cases of family emergency or a major change in your family situation Camp Tall Trees will consider a full or partial refund of deposit.  Please contact us as soon as possible if you will be unable to attend.

Is financial aid available?

Limited financial aid is available to families based on need. In order to receive financial aid you must complete a financial aid request form and submit proof of income. For more information see out financial aid page.

Can I pay with Cookie or Fall Product Credit?

Yes, you can pay for your camp fees with GSNC Cookie Credit or Fall Product Credit.

Why do you require a health exam?

Health exams are required for the health and safety of the campers.

Your parent or guardian must complete page one of the Camper Health History and attach a copy of a licensed practioner health exam. This exam must have been completed within 24 months of the first day of Camp. The health exam does not have to be on the camp form but should contain the same basic information. This means, for example, if you had a health exam for school you use a copy of this exam (providing it will not be more than two years old at the start of camp)

How do I register?

To register, you must complete the registration form. Using Adobe Acrobat Reader, the form can be filled out on line. You must print the completed form, sign it and mail it to us. Your registration must be accompanied by a check in the amount of the deposit.

If you are applying for financial aid, you must also submit a completed financial aid request form and proof of income.

How can I get more information?

You can get more information by email, by calling us at (707) 839 3714 or by writing to us at Camp Tall Trees, 1635 Prairie Hawke Court, McKinleyville, CA 95519